EC Course Description
Track 1: Certified Encouragement Consultant (CEC):
- Successfully complete an 18-hour certified EC Training (ECT).
- Read Do It Yourself Therapy.
- Read To Know Me is to Love Me.
- Practice encouraging yourself and others.
- Offer one-on-one EC sessions.
- Lead small group classes or workshops.
- Use EC activities in Positive Discipline (PD) classes.
Track 2: Certified Encouragement Consultant Master Candidate (CECMC)
- Be a Certified Encouragement Consultant (CEC) for a minimum period of six months working under the supervision of an Encouragement Consultant Master Trainer (ECMT).
- Become a Certified Positive Discipline Educator (CPDE).
- Facilitate three or more small groups (4 or more participants) for a minimum of eight weekly sessions.
- Hold eight or more one-on-one sessions with three different individuals.
- To apply for EC Master Candidate (ECMC) status, submit a summary report of the work completed following the instructions of the application form. The report should be submitted via email to ______________ (name of Advisory Group member) at ___________ (email address).
- Co-facilitate an 18-hour EC training alongside an Encouragement Consultant Master Trainer (ECMT) with a minimum group of six participants.
Track 3: Encouragement Consultant Master Trainer (ECMT)
- Be a Certified Encouragement Consultant Master Candidate (CECMC) for a minimum period of six months.
- Co-facilitate one 18-hour EC training alongside an Encouragement Consultant Master Trainer (ECMT).
- To apply for EC Master Trainer status, submit a summary of the experience co-facilitating an EC Training. The report should be submitted via email to ______________ (name of Advisory Group member) at ___________ (email address).
- Facilitate an 18-hour certified Encouragement Consultant Training (ECT) with a minimum group of six participants.
- Mentor Certified Encouragement Consultants (CEC) and Encouragement Consultant Master Candidates (CECMC).
Effective date: 26 March 2019
Using EC materials and giving EC workshops
Option 1: Once you have participated in an 18 hour EC training you can host your own non-certification trainings or use these activities in your professional life.
- Workshops can be any length of time
- There is no certification or certification fee for workshops less than 18 hours.
- If you print materials pay for print royalties “shop” page
- Participants may also purchase the pdf of the materials for download on the website https://lynnlottec.com/shop/
- Do not share via email the pdf of the books and materials
- If you use certain pages or activities from the books cite them correctly.
Option 2: If you are a Master trainer and you want to give an 18-hour workshop that will result in EC Certification for participants please follow the instructions below:
- The workshop must include the following materials: To Know Me is to Love Me, Do It Yourself Therapy, and when available Madame Dora Cards
- The activities on the shared agenda must occur at the workshop. The trainer can choose the order and length of time for each activity.
- They only activities that should be modified are the topics small groups choose for their teaching activities.
Hours, fees, and participant numbers
- To receive a certificate the EC training must be a minimum of 18 hours. The way these hours are distributed is to be determined by the trainer. (The suggested time is over three days or an afternoon and two full days).
- The 18 hours can include short breaks and a 1-1 ½ hour lunch. (There should be no difference in the 18 hours if there is translation or not)
- EC Trainers will set the fee and number of participants for the workshop appropriate with their area.
Materials, certification fees and print royalties
- EC Trainers will be responsible for making copies of and distributing materials to the participants. The cost of these materials should be included in the total workshop fee charged by the EC Trainer.
- During checkout you will be asked to fill out a form with your participant list.
- Pay fees within one week of hosting the workshop. Fees are paid through the “shop” page.
$35/ per participant
To Know Me is To Love Me: print royalty
$5/ per copy
Do It Yourself Therapy: print royalty
$5/ per copy
A note from Lynn Lott: This system of certification is based on mutual respect and honesty.
In English and in Spanish where there are not formal publishers this agreement gives the trainer permission to print and/or make copies of only one copy of each book per participant.
If you would like to print extra copies of the books and manuals for sale please visit those individual items on the website for print royalty details.
PDF’s of the book should not be emailed to others before or after the workshop. If participants would like the pdf of the book they should be sent to the website to purchase it for download. https://lynnlottec.com/shop/
Corey Lott firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Directory of Certified EC MasterTrainers and Consultants
Click here for the list of Master EC trainers in Mandarin
Click on this link to see the current list of Encouragement Consultants in Spanish: EC Trainers in Spanish
Click on this link to see the current list of Encouragement Consultants in Arabic: EC Trainers in Arabic
Directory in Portuguese: EC Master Trainers and EC Consultants in Portuguese